"Established in 1867 by the Roman Catholic church to provide elementary school education to newly freed blacks. The present building was built in 1892 with a grant from Mother Katharine Drexel. Staffed and administered by the Religious of the Sacred Heart, the school was origanilly located on the Sacred Heart Academy property in Convent. It was moved to St. Michael's church in Convent in 1932 and to it's present site at the rear of the Restaurant complex in 1985. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988."
Dining, Schools - Primary & Secondary