In 1906, construction of Cheyenne's new Catholic cathedral began with Nebraska's Fisher and Lowery as its architects. The necessary funds and the site for construction were acquired by Bishop James J. Keane and Reverend James A. Duffy. 5,000 people came to watch the laying of the cornerstone on Sunday July 7, 1907. On January 31, 1909, the Cathedral was consecrated by Bishop Maurice Francis Burke of St. Joseph, Missouri, and by Bishop John Patrick Carroll of Helena, Montana.
Categories: Religious - Christianity