Built around 1592 as a hunting lodge for Danish Kings and was in use until the end of the 18th. century when it began to fall apart.

It replaced the other castle nearby, Helvedgaard.

The bricks of the demolished castle were used in other buldings around the island Als.
View in Google Earth Categories: Castles, Demolished
Links: peterduus.dk
By: Dania
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement