This Tudor-style castle was built between 1928 and 1930 for Walter Strong, who was the owner of the Chicago Daily News. Strong died less than a year after the construction was complete. In the early 1960's, the property was sold to a Presbyterian church to be used as a campground and a year-round retreat center.
An Olde English Faire is held here annually for one weekend in October. The castle features 25 rooms and 4 secret passageways. It is situated on a bluff overlooking the Rock River.
Currently, this is only visible in Bing's birds eye view when looking towards the south.
By milwhcky @ 2012-10-04 15:51:45