The Tacony-Palmyra Bridge is a double-leaf bascule bridge connecting New Jersey Route 73 in Palmyra, New Jersey to Pennsylvania Route 73 in the Tacony section of Philadelphia. The bridge has a total length of 3,659 feet (1,115 meters), and spans 2,324 feet (708 meters) across the Delaware River. It was designed by Ralph Modjeski. After a year and a half of construction, it opened in 1929 to replace the local ferry service. Though it originally began as a four-lane bridge, in 1997 the lanes were later reduced to three wider lanes (two toll lanes into Philadelphia, and one free lane into New Jersey).
Category: Bridges - Automobile