The city is noted for the Castillo de los Templarios, a Templar castle which covers approximately 16,000 square meters. In 1178, Fernando II of Spain donated the city to the Templar order for protecting the pilgrims on the Way of St. James who passed through El Bierzo in their road to Santiago de Compostela.
View in Google Earth Categories: Landmarks, Castles
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: Parabellum

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload