Originally the palatial summer estate of Henry J. Kaiser (Kaiser Aluminum) built in 1939, Fleur du Lac. The grounds and original buildings were used as the Corleone lake front home in the filming of the movie, Godfather II, in 1973. However, shortly after the movie was made a developer purchased the property and demolished the old main house to make room for an exclusive condominium development. The only structures used in the movie that still remain are the complex of old native stone boathouses with their wrought iron gates.
View in Google Earth Categories: Homes - Famous
Links: www.fdlestates.com, www.flickr.com
By: BermudaBreeze
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement