The Rotunda is a building located on The Lawn in the original grounds of the University of Virginia. It was designed by Thomas Jefferson to represent the "authority of nature and power of reason" and was inspired by the Pantheon in Rome. Construction began in 1822 and was completed in 1826, after his death.
View in Google Earth Categories: Schools - Colleges/Universities
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: LancelotLink
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement