Torre della Colombaia
By Effi @ 2007-06-01 08:56:39
The Torre is located on the homonymous island and its construction is attributed to Amilcare. In 1360 Queen Costanza, the wife of Federico d’Aragona, stayed here. The castle tower has an octagonal plan and dates back to the XVI century. In the fifteenth century it was used as a fortress and then as a prison.