Towosahgy Indian Mounds
By kjfitz @ 2005-07-22 17:22:53
Towosahgy, an Osage Indian word meaning "Old Town" was a fortified ceremonial center inhabited by the Mississippian Era Mound Builders until approximately A.D. 1400. Today, the site consists of a central plaza surrounded by six mounds with the largest mound being approximately 180' wide by 250' long at its base and 16' high.
2.3 (8 votes)