The Tucker County Courthouse and Jail in Parsons, West Virginia was built in 1898 in a combination of Flemish Renaissance and Romanesque Revival styles. The red pressed-brick structure is flanked by a "jail and jailer's residence" built in 1896 in a similar style.
The historic jail is no longer used to confine inmates. Since 2005 the Tygart Valley Regional Jail in Belington in Randolph County has also served Tucker County.
Categories: Government - Local
, Buildings - Government