In late 1951, inventor Earl Tupper bought a thousand acres of cow pasture and swamp in Kissimmee, just outside the quiet farm town of Orlando, Florida. There he and his new vice president and general manager, Brownie Wise, broke ground for the Tupperware Home Parties Inc. headquarters. Twenty years before Disney would transform central Florida into a booming vacation spot, Orlando and Kissimmee were small communities whose largest export was Brahmin cattle. The arrival of Tupperware Home Parties was big news.
View in Google Earth Categories: Museums - History, Companies - Headquarters
Links: www.pbs.org
By: kjfitz
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement