This building was constructed in 1854 and for almost 30-years was used as the Fort Riley Post Hospital. In 1889 the hospital closed and the building became the Post Headquarter. It remained the post headquarters building until 1948. In 1957 it became the Fort Riley Museum which became the United States Cavalry Museum in 1962. Today the museum is almost 10,00 square feet and offers displays dedicated to the United States mounted horse soldier, dating from the Revolutionary War to Operation Desert Storm.
Museums - History