Victorian Village

Victorian Village


Memphis, Tennessee (TN), US
The Victorian Village is located in the eastern quadrant of downtown Memphis.

During Memphis' early period of growth in the mid 19th century, a few wealthy Memphians built grand, Victorian-style homes in what was then the outskirts of the city. The homes in Victorian Village were built from 1846 into 1890s, and range in style from Neo-classical through Late Gothic Revival.[2] Edward C. Jones, one of Memphis's most significant Victorian-era architects, and his partner, Matthias Harvey Baldwin, built the Woodruff-Fontaine House (1870) and renovated the Harsson-Goyer-Lee House (1871).
The Victorian Village is located in the eastern quadrant of downtown Memphis.

During Memphis' early period of growth in the mid 19th century, a few wealthy Memphians built grand, Victorian-style homes in what was then the outskirts of the city. The homes in Victorian Village were built from 1846 into 1890s, and range in style from Neo-classical through Late Gothic Revival.[2] Edward C. Jones, one of Memphis's most significant Victorian-era architects, and his partner, Matthias Harvey Baldwin, built the Woodruff-Fontaine House (1870) and renovated the Harsson-Goyer-Lee House (1871).
View in Google Earth Cities
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: kjfitz

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement