Viscose Company Nitro Plant
By AlbinoFlea @ 2006-04-24 01:03:21
From The Story of Rayon, 3rd Edition, The Viscose Company, 1937:
Nitro, W. Va.
This plant was formerly a powder plant. It was taken over by the company in November, 1922, and converted to the preparation of cotton linters for use in the rayon spinning mills. The long warehouse seen in the picture is cotton bale storage.
In 1936 it had a floor space of 633,406 square feet.
The approximate number of people employed in this plant is 400.