Owned by the Wisconsin Historical Society, this 240 acre site gives visitors a glimpse of what life was like in the mid-1800's.
Hotels, Museums - History, Homes - Historic
In 1844, the Wade family settled in this uninhabited area with plans to build a village. Their new home was located along a stagecoach trail between Sheboygan and Fond du Lac. Soon after arriving, they expanded their log home to provide a place for travelers to stay overnight. In 1850, they opened this larger Greek Revival-style inn to accommodate increasing traffic through their growing village.
In addition to the inn, the property features a sawmill, blacksmith shop, carriage museum, and a gift shop. Special events include reenactments of 1860's baseball games and an annual Civil War Weekend.
Links: wadehouse.wisconsinhistory.org, en.wikipedia.org