Location: Fishers Island Sound east approach (juncture of Block Island Sound and Fishers Island Sound)
Nearest town: Westerly, Rhode Island
Accessibility: The lighthouse is closed to the public. The grounds and a museum in the oil house are open limited hours in summer. There is no parking near the lighthouse; visitors must park in town and walk (about 15 minutes).
The Watch Hill Lighthouse Museum in the station's oil house is open July-August; Tuesdays & Thursdays, 1-3 p.m.
Station established: 1808; Present lighthouse built: 1856; Automated: 1986
Construction material: Granite with brick lining
Height of tower: 45 feet; Height of focal plane: 61 feet
Original optic: Fourth order Fresnel (1856); Present optic: VRB-25
Characteristic: Alternating red and white flash every 2.5 seconds
Fog signal: One blast every 30 seconds
Other buildings still standing: 1856 keeper's house, oil house, garage, 1909 fog signal building
Active U.S. Coast Guard aid to navigation.