The Wirt County Courthouse in Elizabeth, West Virginia was built to replace a courthouse that burned May 15, 1910. The new neoclassical courthouse was designed by B.F. Smith and subsequently built by his company. The courthouse is the most significant building in the small community of Elizabeth, with a population of less than 1000. The brick courthouse features a two-story columned pediment and is surmounted by a clock tower.
By Mike1989 @ 2012-10-16 16:39:46