One of two submarine minelaying vessels brought out from England in 1903, the Janie Seddon was based in Wellington and its twin, the Lady Roberts was based in Auckland. She was used in port during both world wars and was the Examination Vessel during WWII.
About 1936 Janie Seddon was purchased by Talleys Fisheries as their first vessel. In 2006 she had become a rusting hulk on the Motueka foreshore near Talleys headquarters.
Categories: Sea - Shipwrecks
, Vehicle - Boats