Last remains of Lightship No. XII build 1879. From 1880 to 1920 it was in position in 3 places in Kattegat.
From then on it had various owners. The last owner was a stock brooker. His son held a party with friends on board who obviously were very noisy. The neighbours got irritated of the noise from the ship so they cutted off the electricity.
What they didn't know with their act was they also cutted the electricity to the bilge pumps so the ship began to take in water. Copenhagen firebrigade with divers were called who came with pumps and tried also to stop holes in the ship but had no luck. Then the ship sank.
By Dania @ 2009-07-22 07:22:24