Forums

Map rejected because thumbnail didn't match url?

Pages: 1
jag140
09/09/12 11:26 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Last night, I submitted a map in which if you zoomed in closely, you would see people riding their bikes across the street. It was accepted, and for some reason later rejected? I would like to know why, as that is exactly what is pictured. To the person that rejected it, could you not see it? When zooming in, I could clearly see them. Hopefully there wasn't a problem.
milwhcky
09/09/12 01:28 PM

I took a look at this today. The map worked for me, so it may have been mistakenly deleted. In the future, turn off the map labels (street names, etc.) before making your thumbnail image. I created a new one for your map without the labels showing.

And by the way, welcome to VGT!
jag140
09/09/12 05:42 PM

Thanks
kjfitz
09/09/12 05:58 PM

I rejected it. When I clicked on the picture I couldn't find the people. Sorry for the confusion.

Kevin
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Kemosabe
10/01/12 05:51 PM

I think I had the same problem with a submission I did yesterday. The reject notice said some things didn't match. I just redid it....I sooo hope I got it correct this time. It is only my 2nd submission. It is the one for Amanda Blake. I know this home as Frank Gilbert (her hubby) was my father-in-law. Glorious home to visit....like going to a private zoo!! Cheetahs and birds everywhere!! Thanks!!
mlc1us
10/01/12 06:13 PM

Kemosabe,

The problem with your original submission of the Amanda Blake house was the Thumbnail appeared to have been captured from Bing Maps Birds Eye View (BEV) and the URL was Google Maps Map mode. Both the URL and the Thumbnail need to be from the same source.

There is another problem with the new map you just submitted. The thumbnail & URL you posted are from Google Earth mode in Google maps. For Google Maps, we need the Satellite mode or Street View. I fixed this one.

Thanks,
mlc1us
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6722