Forums

Map Ratings

Pages: 1
gordonhigh
09/26/13 03:54 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Wow, never realized we had a forums section until now... haha.

Regarding map ratings: I guess I still just don't really understand this feature - are the ratings for how the actual things in the map look (i.e. the houses) or are they ratings for the map submission as a whole?

I'm wondering because lately someone has been giving all my new maps a 1-star rating. At first I thought they were just didn't find the buildings to be attractive but now I think they are just doing it in an attempt to annoy me. :P

Probably I'm just being oversensitive. But I know these ratings don't affect anything in any way, so I guess my question is - is this feature necessary?
kjfitz
09/26/13 07:52 PM

Welcome to the forums!

My guess is there are some curmudgeons that don't like certain classes of posts and down vote the whole class. Years ago every military related post I made was down voted. For a while there was someone down voting every celeb post. I've also seen cases where two people have a minor clash over a post, maybe a stray comment, or contested duplicate. After that one of the two involved finds every one of their posts down voted.

On the other hand, at other time I've seen posters who suspiciously have every one of there posts routinely up-voted seconds after being posted.

When I vote, I almost only vote 10s and always for maps who's subjects I like or (rarely) for that perfect thumbnail. I don't rate according to who posted it, or the content of the rest of the post other than thumbnail and map itself.

Kevin
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
gordonhigh
10/01/13 03:20 PM

Yeah, that's what I suspect as well. And I admit it... I've voted 10s for a couple of my own maps before. I know, I know. It was only to counteract a random negative vote, I swear! Hahaha.

Thanks for your response.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3028