Forums

Site UI by Profile

Pages: 1
pmoore66
09/20/09 11:44 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Any possibility that some features like "Nearby Maps" could have preference options in the UID profile?
There are times when I am testing for dupes or looking for neighboring properties and the thumb isn't as helpful as the description so I end up mousing over all the thumbs to read titles.

I also wonder about the home page. I remember reading a post asking how submitters bookmark VGT. It would be cool to be able to organize/display/sort the welcome page, particularly the center column by a small number of info blocks; blog, latest maps, my maps, most popular, favorites, etc.

grist for the mill.
PMOORE66
sculpture/architecture advocate
nic
09/21/09 12:09 PM

One thing I was going to add for Nearby Maps was a pop-up, where if you hover over the thumbnail it would popup a big thumbnail and the title/description.

For the homepage, I'm open to ideas. What would you like to see customizable on the home page? How would your ideal home page look?
pmoore66
09/21/09 02:51 PM

I think the home page preferences would just need to involve the center column. If each of the typical info chunks (blog, latest, my maps, etc) could be given a number, those items could be listed by preference or not at all after the submitter is signed in.
There would still be a default view displaying the blog and the daily 12s...but it would be cool to define a latest submittal result based on areas of interest too. This should allow the submitters to see their areas of interest bubble to the top.

Likewise, I might like to receive digest email alerts of my interest areas.

I like reviewing the blog entries when providers add new maps but after a while, those get stale so the real estate seems wasted.
PMOORE66
nic
09/28/09 03:09 AM

Hi pmoore66,

I've created a feedback forum for VirtualGlobetrotting on uservoice.com, which allows for anyone to explain their ideas and have others vote them up if they like them. Would you be able to add your ideas there?

Sounds like you have three good ideas:
1) Having more information available for the nearby maps on popup (title, regular thumbnail, etc)
2) Customizable home page
3) Digest alert emails of your interest areas

If you don't want to enter them, no problem let me know -- I can add them as well.

http://virtualglobetrotting.uservoice.com/

Thanks!
pmoore66
09/29/09 05:07 PM

Done.
PMOORE66
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4299