The castle was constructed by John Erskine in 1628 as a hunting lodge and to counter the rising power of his neighbors, the Farquharsons. The castle was burned down during a Roman Catholic (Jacobite) uprising in 1745. The castle was rebuilt in 1748 and passed through the Farquharsons hands and then leased to the government and back. Today it is run by a local charity.
Direct link below.
By tallturtle82 @ 2016-10-26 12:03:02