The Central Presbyterian Church of Atlanta was constructed in 1885 as the congregation's second church. The Central Presbyterian was organized in 1858 with 39 members from Atlanta's original Presbyterian congregation. The church was designed in the English Gothic style and has rough cut limestone on the main facade and plain brick on the others. It has a high bell tower with a pyramidal roof and truncated tower. An entrance foyer at street level has stairs leading to the sanctuary that is one level above the street. It retains its original stained glass windows, stairs, wainscoting, plaster walls, and altar area.
Religious - Christianity, Buildings - Religious
Links: www.waymarking.com, en.wikipedia.org