Constructed ca. 1855, the Chancellor Carroll House was built by James Parsons Carroll, Chancellor of South Carolina and a noted attorney. The property on which Carroll built this structure (probably as a summer residence) was purchased from William Gregg, the important textile manufacturer. During the twentieth century (the late 1920s until his death) architect Willis Irvin, who designed several noted structures in Aiken, owned the house.
Homes - Historic