Located alongside the Potomac River on the grounds of the Allegany County Fair, this 1/2 mile dirt oval race track and the fairgrounds were built in 1924. In its history, the track has had years with little or no racing and other years with a full schedule of weekly events.
Raceways - Car
A new promotional team has taken over the racing operations beginning in 2015. They have renamed the track Cumberland Speedway. It has previously gone by the names of The Rock, Allegany County Speedway, Greater Cumberland Raceway, and Cumberland Fairgrounds.
The track features a pedestrian bridge over turn one and a covered grandstand.
Links: www.times-news.com, www.alleganycofair.org