The bridge was part of the railway that went from Dunblane to Perth. The bridge is located on the section of line between St. Fillans station and Dalchonzie halt. This section of the railway was known as the "Lochearnhead, St. Fillans and Comrie Railway" and was in use from 1897 to 1951. The main road that goes from Comrie and through St. Fillans crosses the bridge.
For a long time, the small cutting before the bridge was walkable but overgrown. However, in 2016, the former trackbed was tarmacked as part of a national cycle route that wants to tarmac the whole railway to be used as a bike and walking path.
By Drudii @ 2017-03-01 14:30:04