The bridge was once part of the, now disused, Lochearnhead, St. Fillans and Comrie railway that was active 1897-1965. The bridge is located between Lochearnhead and St. Fillans. The whole railway can be walked along from St. Fillans to Lochearnhead, but the bridge was removed when the railway closed and the abutments were left behind.
Bridges - Rail
Locals in the area are currently saving up money to convert the railway between Lochearnhead and St. Fillans into a cycle and walk path - like the ones in Lochearnhead. The bridge was the first priority, since it was the only bridge that had its spanner removed on this small stretch of the railway. In 2011, locals had saved enough money to put a new spanner and re-surface the former trackbed.