The Douglas C-133 Cargomaster was a large cargo aircraft built between 1956 and 1961 by the Douglas Aircraft Company for use with the United States Air Force. The C-133 was the USAF's only production turboprop-powered strategic airlifter, entering service shortly after Lockheed's better known C-130 Hercules. It provided airlift services in a wide range of applications, being replaced by the C-5 Galaxy in the early 1970s.
Airplanes - Military - Static Display - Cargo
The C-133A (Tail Number 56-1999) was assigned to Travis from February thru November 1960. It is the last Cargo Master in flyable condition and will become a permanent static display at the Travis Air Museum.
N199AB as it was re-dubbed on Dec. 6, 1975 was purchased by Maurice Carlson for the Cargo Master Corporation and was flown to Alaska to haul cargo for the Alaskan Pipeline. Forty-eight years after its departure from Travis, it returned to a base that it called home for the last time.