Dryburgh Abbey is located near Dryburgh on the banks of the River Tweed in the Scottish Borders region of Scotland. The abbey was founded on the 10th November 1150 in the agreement between Hugh de Morville, Lord of Lauderdale and Constable of Scotland. The abbey was destroyed by fire after English troops attacked the area in 1332 and later rebuilt to be destroyed by another fire in 1385. It was once again rebuilt and again destroyed in 1544.
Cemeteries, Religious - Christianity
The 12th Earl of Buchan bought the land in 1786. Sir Walter Scott and Douglas Haig are buried at the location.