Dunira House was an estate in Scotland near Comire and St. Fillans. The estate was owned by Henry Dunira in 1784, but after his death it was then sold in 1824 to Sir Robert Dundas of Breechwood. The estate was sold again in 1919 to Alexander Macbeth, a wealthy Glasgow ship owner.
The house was used as a military convalescent home during World War II in 1947, but the house was destroyed by a fire in 1948 and was never re-built. Sicne the fire the estaste broke up and the once wonderful looked after garden was slowly falling into decay. As of 2006 the remaining esate buildings were demolished.
What's left today:
The remains of the actual esate building can still be seen today. The remains of the lower and upper terrace of the building still remains, but are surrounded by overgrown grass. A small building in front of the lower terrace also still reamins, but in bad condition. To the west of the actual building you can still see the remains of the garden, although badly overgrown.