Dymchurch Redoubt was built near Dymchurch, Kent between 1804 and 1810 as part of the defence of the south coast of the UK. One of two constructed, the other being built in Eastbourne.
Military - Historic
Dymchurch also underwent significant re-fortification during the Second World War, bunkers and pillboxes adorning its parapets. The gun platforms were encased in concrete for machine-guns to be mounted, artillery emplacements constructed and an observation post erected.