The building dates back to 1705 and was occupied by John Bond around 1780. The grounds of the house formed a triangle, bounded by London Road, Bond Road and Western Road. Bond Road was then a back lane to John Bond's country seat, and is named after him.
In the early days of the Holborn Union Industrial Schools, built in the northern part of the estate, it served as the school infirmary.
In 1933, the building was bought by the Surrey County Council, for the care of 'mentally deficient girls'.
In 2005, the building is a school for children and young people with autism.