There are lots of placemarks for the border between Europe and Asia around Ekaterinburg. This is at the place of the very first one constructed in 1837 on the former Siberian highway near the city of Pervouralsk, on Mount Berezovaya. 36 years later, in 1873, the wooden pillar was replaced by a marble obelisk with a stone pedestal. After the October Revolution, the obelisk, as a symbol of royal power, was destroyed. On the site of the old monument, another new obelisk was erected, again with an eagle.
Monuments, Art - Sculpture, Objects - Roadside Attractions