Built in 1936, Euxton was one of the largest munitions factories in Europe. The site was originally much larger than is visible now. Much of it has already been reclaimed and built over.
Notice the earth revetments surrounding the storage buildings, and to the SE of the site the white coloured roads leading to underground storage chambers.
By Quadrat_James @ 2005-12-11 10:56:49