Fitzroy House was designed by the famous British architect Sir George Gilbert Scott. The building was constructed as a library as a memorial to Henry Fitzroy the Member of Parliament for Lewes from 1837 to 1860. The building was constructed in 1862 and was known as the Memorial Library. It is currently a house and was put up for sale in February 2015 for £1m.
Events - Misc
Links: historicengland.org.uk, www.sussexexpress.co.uk