There has been a church on this site since at least 1148 AD. The current church was built in the 14th/15th centuries with later additions in the 18th/19th centuries when all but the tower was re-built. The building remained in use, as a church, until 1975 when it became an arts and community centre - a purpose it still serves today.
Religious - Christianity
Links: www.historicengland.org.uk, www.lewes-tc.gov.uk, sussexparishchurches.org