LOCATION: West side of B7026
COMPANY ON OPENING: Penicuik Railway
DATE CLOSED TO PASSENGERS: 5.3.1951
DATE CLOSED COMPLETELY: 5.3.1951
COMPANY ON CLOSING: British Railways (Scottish Region)
PRESENT STATE: The platform is extant but in poor condition; the edge stones have been removed, and some of the facing stones have fallen away.
The goods yard is overgrown, but the dock is extant and in good condition with the track bed between the dock and the back of the platform generally clear and resembling a bay. The adjacent stationmaster's house is largely unaltered and is now a private residence. The trackbed through the station is a public footpath which runs over the bowstring bridge and through the tunnel, which is now lit. Beyond the tunnel the site of Dalmore Mill (demolished in 2007) is awaiting development for housing. A second tunnel (Old Woodhouselee) is beyond the mill site, and beyond that is the 10-arch Firth Viaduct.