DATE OPENED: 1.2.1861
LOCATION: Near eastern edge of the village with the roadside entrance on the north side of Redesmouth Road. The entrance to the goods yard (and heritage centre) is on the Woodburn road.
COMPANY ON OPENING: North British Railway
DATE CLOSED TO PASSENGERS: 15.10.1956
DATE CLOSED COMPLETELY: 11.11.1963
COMPANY ON CLOSING: British Railways (North Eastern Region)
PRESENT STATE: The station house is well maintained as country councill officies. Immediately northwest, a Bellingham Heritage Centre stands on part of the old trackbed. The remainder of the site is a car park with council depot at the east end. The former goods shed stands on the platform and is in good condition. The 60 yard platform extension has been removed revealing the original ramp. The stone base of the signal box is now used as a store in the adjacent council depot.
By Drudii @ 2013-08-29 10:04:22