The church of St Pau, in Dock Street, was constructed between 1846 and 1847 to replace a 'floating church' on board a ship named 'Brazen'. In 1864 a parish was assigned to the church. The church was became redundant and was closed in 1990. The parish was united with Saint George in the East. The building is now used as a nursery (Day Care/Pre-School).
Religious - Christianity
Links: stgeorgeintheeast.withtank.com, www.selectivenetworks.com