Fort Saint Louis was completed in 1672 by the French colonists. The fort saw its first major action two years later when a Dutch fleet attacked the fort for three days. In 1759 the British captured the fort and renamed it Fort Edward. After the Treaty of Paris in 1763, the fort was returned to the French only to be captured again by the British in 1794 and 1809.
Military - Historic - Forts and Batteries, Buildings - Misc