George Heriot's School

George Heriot's School


Edinburgh, United Kingdom (GB)
George Heriot's School is an independent primary and secondary school on Lauriston Place in Old Town, Edinburgh, Scotland, with around 1600 pupils, 155 teaching staff and 80 non-teaching staff. It was established in 1628 as George Heriot's Hospital, by bequest of the royal goldsmith George Heriot, and opened in 1659. It is sometimes referred to as a 'public school' in common with traditional independent schools in England and Wales, although in Scotland, as in most of the English-speaking world, "public school" usually refers to a state school.
George Heriot's School is an independent primary and secondary school on Lauriston Place in Old Town, Edinburgh, Scotland, with around 1600 pupils, 155 teaching staff and 80 non-teaching staff. It was established in 1628 as George Heriot's Hospital, by bequest of the royal goldsmith George Heriot, and opened in 1659. It is sometimes referred to as a 'public school' in common with traditional independent schools in England and Wales, although in Scotland, as in most of the English-speaking world, "public school" usually refers to a state school.
View in Google Earth Schools - Primary & Secondary
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: jbottero

Advertisement

Around the World Mailing List

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement