Originally built around 1688, it was rebuilt around 1933 by C. H. James, yet retained its general appearance. The house consists of three storeys with a basement, built in red brick. The interior has been substantially altered since it was built. During James's remodelling of the house in the 1930s, several examples of early 18th-century wallpapers were found hidden behind wooden panelling, which were subsequently donated to the Victoria and Albert Museum. Wooden railings surround the front of the house, and a lantern surmounts the front entrance.
After Michael's death the house for sold for £19 Million in 2020.