The Golubac Fortress is located on the south side of the Danube River, downstream from the town of Golubac. The fortress dates back to the 14th century and is split into three compounds. Golubac has seen its share of battles through the years, starting with Romans. In the Middle Ages the Ottoman Empire and Kingdom of Hungary fought many battles. The fortress changed hands many times until 1867 when it was turned over to the Serbians.
By tallturtle82 @ 2015-08-31 08:15:16