Harding Memorial

Harding Memorial


Marion, Ohio (OH), US
The Harding Memorial is the burial location of President Warren G. Harding and First Lady Florence Kling Harding and is located in Marion, Ohio at the southeast corner of Vernon Heights Boulevard and Delaware Avenue.

Begun in 1926 and finished in the early winter of 1927, the structure is built of white marble. Designed by Henry Hornbostel, Eric Wood and Edward Mellon, the structure is 103' in diameter and 53' in height. The open design honors the Hardings’ wishes that they be buried outside.

At their deaths, the bodies of the Hardings were entombed in the “receiving vault” of the Marion Cemetery. Once the Harding Memorial was completed in 1927, the bodies were reinterred in the Memorial’s sarcophagus and it was sealed. The Harding Memorial was dedicated in 1931 by President Herbert Hoover.
The Harding Memorial is the burial location of President Warren G. Harding and First Lady Florence Kling Harding and is located in Marion, Ohio at the southeast corner of Vernon Heights Boulevard and Delaware Avenue.

Begun in 1926 and finished in the early winter of 1927, the structure is built of white marble. Designed by Henry Hornbostel, Eric Wood and Edward Mellon, the structure is 103' in diameter and 53' in height. The open design honors the Hardings’ wishes that they be buried outside.

At their deaths, the bodies of the Hardings were entombed in the “receiving vault” of the Marion Cemetery. Once the Harding Memorial was completed in 1927, the bodies were reinterred in the Memorial’s sarcophagus and it was sealed. The Harding Memorial was dedicated in 1931 by President Herbert Hoover.
View in Google Earth Memorials
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: kjfitz

Advertisement

Around the World Mailing List

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement