Also known as "Greenacres", it was built in the 1920s by silent film star Harold Lloyd. It remained Lloyd's home until his death in 1971. The estate originally consisted of a 44-room mansion, golf course, outbuildings, and 900-foot (270 m) canoe run on 15 acres (61,000 m2). It has been called "the most impressive movie star's estate ever created." After Lloyd died, the estate was subdivided into multiple lots, though the mansion remains and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.
The American business magnate, Ronald Burkle, owns this house. Listed on Forbes magazine's 400 and known as a major political fundraiser, his present net worth is estimated at $3.5 billion.
Designed by Sumner Spaulding and Walter Webber - 1929
By BermudaBreeze @ 2007-12-24 02:31:18