For more than 30 years the privately owned and managed hotel above the harbour of Hamburg is well known for its individual service and its special ambience. Originally built as Hamburg’s seafarer’s home in 1864 it reopened as hotel in 1979 with only 80 rooms. It is justly considered the most hanseatic and maritime hotel in Hamburg. In 1987 the Tower with its famous Tower Bar on the top floor was constructed and since 1995 the hotel is completed by the so called “Residenz”. The whole complex now offers a total of 353 guest rooms.