The Indianapolis Public Library (formerly known as the Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library) is the public library system that serves the citizens of Marion County, Indiana, United States and its largest city, Indianapolis. The library was founded in 1873 and has grown to include a Central Library building, located adjacent to the Indiana World War Memorial Plaza, and 22 branch libraries spread throughout Marion County. According to a March 13, 2007 press release, the Library boasted over 5.43 million visitors and a record-high circulation of nearly 13.8 million items in 2006. The Central Library building was designed by architect Paul Philippe Cret, (with Zantzinger, Borie and Medary) and completed in 1917. A complete historic renovation and a major addition to the library was designed by Woollen, Molzan and Partners. It opened in 2007.
Libraries, Buildings - Indoor