Knutsford Methodist Church is in the early English Gothic Style. It was built in 1864 to the design of T. Read Clements, although the Wesleyan Chapel in Knutsford was founded in 1797. The seating capacity of the church was increased from 430 to 500 by the addition of a new side gallery which was added to meet the demands of a growing congregation.
The church rooms to the rear of the building have now been redeveloped into a Community Centre.
In the forecourt of the church are the steps from which in 1738 John Wesley preached on a visit to the town.
By Mike_bjm @ 2022-01-10 17:45:12